WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING…
* WHAT…Heavy wet snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 12
to 18 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph at
* WHERE…Hudson and Mohawk Valleys of eastern New York as well
as southern Litchfield County in northwestern Connecticut.
* WHEN…From Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning and evening
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…This has the potential of being a long
duration and high-impact snow event for eastern New York and
western New England. Heavy wet snow combined with strong winds
will likely lead to downed trees and power outages across the
area. Please begin preparing now for this upcoming winter
INSTRUCTIONS: Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
Issued By: NWS Albany (Eastern New York and Western New England)