St. Patrick’s Day Crackdown Results in 21 Arrests for Impaired Driving
uring the St. Patrick’s Holiday High Visibility Engagement Campaign period of March 16, 2021 through March 21 , 2021 members of the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office, New York State Police, Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department, Town of Hyde Park Police Department, Town of East Fishkill Police Department, Village Millerton Police Department and Town of Red Hook Police Department conducted multiple coordinated Impaired Driving details which consisted of saturation patrols throughout the county, in addition to their regular patrols. A total of 21 impaired driving arrests were made throughout Dutchess County during the crackdown period.
These coordinated details were funded by the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee and the NYS STOP-DWI Foundation, which once again awarded the Dutchess County STOP-DWI Program a Community Engagement Campaign grant for the 2020-2021 enforcement periods. The objective of this continued enforcement grant is to revitalize and enhance the visibility of the STOP-DWI Program through coordinated multi-agency impaired driving enforcement details during identified statewide engagement periods. They also include the assignment of certified Drug Recognition Experts (DRE) to aid in the identification and apprehension of drivers impaired by drugs other than alcohol.
Dutchess County STOP-DWI Coordinator William C. Johnson stated “With enforcement efforts being ramped up throughout the St. Patrick’s Day Community Engagement Campaign, the message is clear: these preventable behaviors and choices which are serious safety threats on our roadways remain a targeted priority in Dutchess County.”
Below is a listing of arrestees and charges from the details as well as arrests by agency patrols.
- Valencia-Perez , Roberto age 31 of Poughkeepsie NY DWI (Misdemeanor )
- Capone, Francis age 63 of Poughkeepsie NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Jarosch, Daniel age 35 of LaGrange NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Tatai, Zoltan age 62 of Wappinger NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- DeGeorge, Elyse age 26 of Poughkeepsie NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Boyles, William age 25 of Fishkill NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Gaul, Timothy age 25 of Fishkill NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Glynn, Williams age 35 of Rhinebeck NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Giattino, Christian age 23 of Wappinger NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Iraci, Christine age 34 of Fishkill NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Graziano, Harmony age 45 of Wappinger NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Schwabedissen, Scott age 37 of Pleasant Valley NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Grayson, Kenneth age 36 of Poughkeepsie NY DWI (Misdemeanor )
- Winslow, Reginald age 36 of Town Rhinebeck DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Maestrsa-Villanueva, Jean age 40 of East Fishkill DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Valdez, Arreola age 29 of Texas DWI (Felony)
- Stella Scott age 44 of Catskill , NY DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Keelyn, Edward age 23 of Poughkeepsie DWAI (Drugs )
- Richardson, Brandon age 33 of Poughkeepsie DWAI (Drugs)
- Crim Possession of Narcotic with intent to sell 3rd
- Criminal Possession of a Narcotic 2nd Drug < 4oz
- Resisting arrest
- Simmons, Philip age 55 of Hyde Park DWI (Misdemeanor)
- Ohlinger, Vicki age 41 of Hopewell Jct. DWI (Misdemeanor )
*All subjects arrested and charged are alleged to have committed the crime and are presumed innocent until proven guilty and are to appear in local courts at a later date.