TUESDAY, APRIL 14, 2015
1. Today is an “A” Day.
2. Attention all high school students! The date of the Floor Hockey tournament has been moved from April 29th to April 30th. Sign up outside of Ms. Wool’s room. It is $3 to sign up and $5 to come and watch!
3. Seniors – If you have been accepted to a college and have not turned your acceptance letter into the guidance office, we need the information for the Festival of Excellence. Please turn it in ASAP. Thanks!
4. Community Service Opportunity: In Search of a few students to assist presenters with loading and unloading exhibit materials before and after Earth Day events. Please sign up in the community service office if interested.
5. Community Service Opportunity: NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health) needs volunteers for their Ribbon Campaign. Please stop by the community service office to sign up!
6. Shrek rehearsal today will be from 2-3:30 pm. All knights, Donkey, and Dragon stay after for vocals and Blocking. We will meet on stage.
7. All vocal NYSSMA soloists please stay today from 3:30-5 pm to finalize your pieces before next weeks rehearsals with our accompanist.
8. Community Service Opportunity: Volunteers are needed for the J.H.K. Auxiliary Spaghetti Dinner on April 25th at 4:30 and 6 pm. Stop by the community service office for more information.
9. There will be a SADD meeting on Thursday, April 16th in room 1047 after school.
10. Attention all high school students who are in a club or activity! Yearbook pictures will be taken Wednesday, April 15th in the lobby during 5th and 6th period. Check the schedule outside the dining hall or see your advisor for your club’s picture time.
11. Prom tickets will be sold today during both lunches. GET THEM SOON! Time is running out!!! Let’s have an enchanted evening!
12. Overwhelmed by the scholarship process? Stop by the high school guidance office to sign up for time slot during lunches this week to learn how to access the hundreds of available scholarships!
13. Attention all Sophomores & Juniors – The Summer Scholars Program is a two-week residential program providing challenging academic opportunities for a selected number of 10th and 11th grade students. The academic program is designed to challenge high school students in multidisciplinary projects. Programs will be offered at Dutchess Community College from July 26th – July 31st. The program this year is titled “1969-1979: A Decade That Changed America.” If you are interested in this program, please come to the guidance office to pick up an application packet. Applications will be due in the guidance office by Monday, May 18th – NO EXCEPTIONS so plan accordingly.
14. Our school is participating in what is called Bonnie Boxes to help cancer patients. Please donate little things like accessories, fuzzy socks and fun games, etc., by May 9th. Together we can give them strength to fight on. Bring the items to Ms. Murray’s room 1043 or to the high school main office.
15. SAT Word of the Day – DOGMATIC – meaning an arrogant assertion of opinions
16. Peer Leadership is participating in the Annual Anti-Bullying Walk-A-Thon on Saturday, April 25th at the Walkway Over the Hudson. Any middle or high student that would like to walk with us sign up outside the main office. We are having team t-shirts made so please sign up by Friday, April 17th.