DUTCHESS COUNTY LEGISLATURE APPROVES BOND TO FUND PUBLIC ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY – The Dutchess County Legislature unanimously approved a resolution authorizing the issuance of $9,447,724 in bonds that will be used to pay for a portion of bridge, culvert, and highway improvements in the County. The total cost estimated to complete the proposed projects is $14,643,542 and the remaining balance will be paid using funds received from New York State through the Consolidated Highway Improvement Program (CHIP), PaveNY, and Extreme Winter Recovery Aid.
“I applaud the Dutchess County Department of Public Works efforts in getting these dollars on the ground to ensure that our public highways are as safe and drivable as they can be,” said Dutchess County Legislature Chairman Gregg Pulver. “In an effort to prevent our local roads and bridges from deteriorating, it is one of the Legislature’s top priorities to ensure that these roadways are safe and dependable so that our neighbors have roads that they can rely on.”
“As Chair of the Public Works Committee, I know that investing in our infrastructure needs to be a top priority of the Dutchess County Legislature, and I am proud to support this measure that will help ensure our transportation systems are dependable for our county’s residents,” said Legislator John Metzger. “Having safer roads and bridges paves the way for future economic development, and I thank the Department of Public Works for their efforts in ensuring our public roadways are second to none. Dutchess County has a proven record of getting funds out the door that protect our infrastructure, and this is another clear example.”
Included in the proposed projects include the resurfacing or reconstruction of 12-15 miles of County highways. Other projects include:
- Bridge WP-34 replacement on CR 110 (Jackson Road) over Greens Pond Outlet in the Town of Wappinger
- Bridge M-20 replacement on Salisbury Turnpike over Little Wappinger Creek in the Town of Milan
- Bridge S-13 replacement on CR 53 (Cold Spring Road) over Wappinger Creek in the Town of Stanford
- Bridge D-34 replacement on Ridge Road over the Mill River in the Town of Dover
- Bridge D-66 replacement on CR 6 (Old Route 22) over Swamp River in the Town of Dover
- Bridge W-21 replacement on Stanford Road over East Branch Wappinger Creek in the Town of Washington
- Culverts PA-37 and PA-40 replacement on CR 69 (Harmony Hill Road) over an unnamed creek in the Town of Pawling
- Culverts D-6 and D-7 replacement on CR 23 (Little Rest Road) over an unnamed creek and CR 24 (Chestnut Ridge Road) over an unnamed creek in the Town of Dover
- Culvert M-29 replacement on CR 52 (Round Lake Road) over an unnamed creek in the Town of Milan
- Culverts PA-1 and PA-4 replacement on CR 68 (North Quaker Hill Road) over an unnamed creek in the Town of Pawling
To view a full list of other highway safety and drainage improvement program proposals or for more information on the above mentioned projects, click here.