SUNY Canton Celebrates Area Graduates
CANTON, NY (07/09/2021)– Nearly 800 students have graduated from SUNY Canton as members of the class of 2021.
President Zvi Szafran urged graduates to use their knowledge to help their communities rebound after the COVID-19 pandemic at the college’s in-person Commencement Ceremony held May 15.
“Think about your strengths and how they can be used to enact positive change in your communities as we heal from the past year,” he said. “You have a once in a generation chance to have a seat at the table as the country continues to implement its collective reset, breaking out from old thinking patterns and seeking new ideas. As a SUNY Canton graduate, you’ve been taught to analyze and to problem solve. These skills won’t just be helpful to you in your career but to society as a whole.”
The top three bachelor’s degrees awarded, in order of popularity, were Health Care Management, Criminal Investigation and Management. The top three associate degrees awarded were Nursing, Veterinary Science Technology and Criminal Justice.
- Max Sanchez of Holmes, NY, (12531) earned their Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management.
- Abigail Brennan of Pawling, NY, (12564) earned their Bachelor of Technology in Criminal Investigation.
- Brendan Fiore of Pleasant Valley, NY, (12569) earned their Bachelor of Technology in Criminal Investigation.
- Autumn Hager of Pleasant Valley, NY, (12569) earned their Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology.
- Connor Bruyn of Poughquag, NY, (12570) earned their Bachelor of Technology in Health and Fitness Promotion.
About SUNY Canton
As Northern New York’s premier college for career-driven bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs, SUNY Canton delivers quality hands-on programs in digital design, engineering technology, health, management and public service. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. As SUNY’s leader in online education, SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as 22 online degree programs. The college placed first in 14 categories in a SUNY-Wide Student Opinion Survey, most notably in career services, tutoring, library resources, and classroom facilities. The SUNY Canton Kangaroos 15 traditional athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division III level as part of the North Atlantic Conference. SUNY Canton also features varsity esports and cheerleading.