Audubon Virtual Summer Camp Begins July 21
Greenwich, Conn. — July 10, 2020 — Even though many summer camps are closed this year, curious young minds still have an opportunity to learn about and experience nature. Join Audubon for up to five weeks of Virtual Summer Camp, starting July 21. Discover the fascinating world of everything from birds to butterflies to beavers in this engaging online program, led and designed by expert Audubon educators. Details for this exciting program include:
- Ages: For children in kindergarten through sixth grade
- Schedule: Three 90-minute sessions per week (from 10 – 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Flexible Options: Register by the week or for individual specific days
- Fees: $40 per week or $15 per session
- Technology Requirements: Mac, Windows PC, or a mobile device with a webcam, stable internet connection, and access to Zoom video conferencing
Each 90-minute virtual camp session will include activities such as livestream segments and recorded segments with educational nature lessons, featured crafts, and some Wild Jobs highlights from field professionals. The sessions will be hosted live via Zoom by Audubon Connecticut educators from Sharon, Greenwich, and Bent of the River Audubon Centers. Audubon will also provide links to additional educational videos and ideas for more activities and crafts for your child to enjoy at home, beyond the scheduled camp time.
Enjoy a variety of weekly themes:
- Week 1 – Feathered Friends (July 21 – 23)
- Week 2 – Wet and Wild Adventures (July 28 – 30)
- Week 3 – Bioblitz (August 4 – 6)
- Week 4 – The Amazing World of Plants (August 11 – 13)
- Week 5 – Twilight Adventures (August 18 – 20)
Join the fun—and experience nature from wherever you are!
For more information and to register, visit the Virtual Summer Camp web page at ct.audubon.org/virtual-summer-
You can also learn more about Audubon Connecticut’s centers by visiting their websites.
- Bent of the River Audubon Center (Southbury, CT): bentoftheriver.audubon.org
- Greenwich Audubon Center (Greenwich, CT): greenwich.audubon.org
- Sharon Audubon Center (Sharon, CT): sharon.audubon.org
Protecting birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. Audubon Connecticut’s nature education centers in Southbury, Greenwich, and Sharon, Connecticut—serve as gateways to the great outdoors. Located at Audubon nature sanctuaries, our centers are part of a broad network of critical habitats for a host of birds and other wildlife species as well as peaceful respites for people. Our centers serve as community hubs for education, conservation, and engagement with nature. To learn more about our centers and conservation work, visit us online at ct.audubon.org.