All Motor Vehicle Offices in Dutchess County Closed until Further Notice
County Clerk’s Office open with limited transactions available
DUTCHESS COUNTY, NEW YORK: On March 20, 2020 Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.8. As it relates to the Department of Motor Vehicles, the following actions are implemented:
- Drivers Licenses expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Non-Drivers Identification Cards expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Vehicle Registrations expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Temporary Registrations from Auto Dealerships expiring during the period of March 1, 2020 through April 19, 2020 are extended to April 19,2020.
- Any scheduled appointments at NYSDMV offices are cancelled as of March 20, 2020.
Based on the above, all Motor Vehicle Offices in Dutchess County will be closed effective 3/23/2020 until further notice. This applies to the following offices: Beacon, Pawling, Millbrook, Wappingers and Poughkeepsie.
The County Clerk’s Office will continue to be open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The following transactions are suspended:
- Passport Applications
- Assumed Name applications (doing business as, DBA)