Women’s Support Services to Hold Annual Community Vigil
at the Cornwall Town Green Tuesday, October 2nd at 6:00 pm
[Sharon, CT.] – (September 2018) – Women’s Support Services (WSS) invites the community to attend its annual Community Vigil, which will be held on the Cornwall Town Green on Tuesday, October 2nd at 6:00 pm. This annual event provides all of us the opportunity to come together to remember those who have lost their lives to domestic violence and to take a stand against violence in the Northwest Corner.
The mission of Women’s Support Services is to create a community free of domestic violence and abuse. We believe that domestic violence affects the everyone and when we respond to those in need, we not only help them transform their lives, but we contribute toward a stronger and safer community for everyone.
Women’s Support Services is a non-profit agency serving victims of domestic violence since 1981. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, all of our services are free and confidential. During the past year WSS:
· Provided support services to 684 clients, 453 of whom were new clients, and 28 of whom were children.
· Responded to 343 hotline crisis calls.
· Provided emergency shelter to 7 people.
· Provided criminal court advocacy and support to 452 victims of family violence.
· Conducted hundreds of prevention workshops to children and teens in local schools, daycare programs, and camps.