WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2016
“AS THE WARM WEATHER APPROACHES, PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE MINDFUL OF YOUR ATTIRE. THIS INCLUDES BOTH GENDERS. ALL STUDENTS ATTENDING DOVER HIGH SCHOOL SHOULD ADHERE TO THE DRESS CODE.”
1. Today is an “A” Day.
2. Varsity Baseball players must return both sets of uniforms this week.
3. SAT Word of the Day – MENDACIOUS – The word means having a lying, false character.
4. There will be a meeting on Monday, June 6th in the high school dining hall during 6th period for all those interested in cheerleading for the upcoming football season.
5. Attention 8th graders!!! If you are interested in running for a class officer position for next year, you must complete a candidate packet and return it to Ms. Krieger by Thursday, June 2nd. Packets can be found outside Ms. Krieger’s room.
6. There will be girls soccer workouts for JV and Varsity today and tomorrow starting at 2:15 pm – meet in room 1102.
7. Attention 6th grade – The next Newspaper Club meeting will be Monday, June 6th from 2-3:30 pm in the middle school computer lab (room 1129). We will finish our June newspaper. See Mr. Orton with any questions.
8. Green Team will meet after school today in Mrs. Elliott’s room to work in the garden.
9. Attention all Seniors! The Yearbook distribution lunch will be tomorrow in the Courtyard during both lunches. Come get your Yearbook and enjoy lunch with your friends. Yearbooks will also be on sale for $75.
10. National Junior Honor Society Food Drive – If you missed out on winning the door decorating contest, here’s another chance for your homeroom! The homeroom class who brings in the most cans/dry goods wins a pizza party or breakfast! Let the battle of the cans begin!! Also, for every item you bring in, a raffle ticket will be put into a raffle for an Amazon gift card. The more you donate, the more chances you have!