Traffic alert: Sunday, September 16, 2018, the 40th Annual Dutchess County Classic road race
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Richard L. Mazzone
Troop K Commander
Stringham Road, in the area of the Lagrange Town Hall, will be closed between 7:00 a.m. and noon.
Todd Hill Road, between Stringham Road and Bushwick Road, will be closed between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
Lauer Road, between Todd Hill Road and Noxon Road, will be closed between 8:00 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
Noxon Road, in the town of Lagrange, from the intersection of Robinson Lane to Kinkead Lane will have intermittent delays from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Due to the above closures and potential traffic delays during the race, motorists are advised to avoid the following roads on Sunday morning between 7:45 a.m. and noon.
- Stringham Road, Todd Hill Road, and Lauer Road in the town of Lagrange.
- Noxon Road, between Robinson Lane and Authursburg Road, in the town of Lagrange.
- Robinson Lane in the towns of Lagrange, Wappinger, and East Fishkill.
- Hillside Lake Road (County Route 33), in the towns of Lagrange and East Fishkill.
- Authursburg Road, between the Taconic State Parkway and Noxon Road, in the town of Lagrange.
- Todd Hill Road, between Lauer Road and the Taconic State Parkway in the town of Lagrange.
Drivers planning to use any of these roads on Sunday morning should allow extra time or use alternative routes to get to their destinations.
The State Police will be working with the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office, East Fishkill Police Department, Dutchess County Office of Emergency Management, Lagrange Fire Department, East Fishkill Fire Department, and the New Hackensack Fire Department to ensure race safety and traffic control.